Eng. Mohammed Abdulkareem Bakr
Chairman of the Board of Trustees,
Abdulkarim Bakr Medical Center
- Bachelor of Engineering – MIT University in 1971, and a Masters in Engineering-Economic Planning from the University of Stanford in 1972.
- Served in various government positions; starting at the Ministry of Planning, then the Saudi Ports Authority, the latest being president of the Ports Authority and Chairman of its Board of Directors in charge (1994 – 1999).
- A member of the Shura Council (2002 -2005).
- President of the MIT Alumni in Saudi Arabia since 1998.
- Honorary member (lifelong) of the Disabled Children’s Association.
- He has several publications in energy and privatization, and articles on development and education issues.